Millions of people in the United States suffer from depression. Major depression is a whole-body illness that affects a person’s body, feelings, thoughts and behavior. Following are 5 warning signs of depression:
1. Frequent thoughts of suicide or a suicide attempt.
2. Persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness and pessimism.
3. Unexplained loss of appetite, with accompanying weight loss, or compulsive overeating.
4. A gradual loss of interest in activities that used to provide enjoyment.
5. Increasing difficulty in concentrating, remembering and decision-making.
Your EAP Can Help
If you have questions about this for yourself or a loved one, call the EAP 24 hours a day 800-433-2320.